Outlined below are the requirements that your student group must fulfill to be able to apply for ASUC sponsorship–
Criteria for Sponsorship:
(Title 2 Article 3.6 of ASUC By-Laws)
- Supplements or enhances academic preparation or development.
- Promotes or recognizes academic performance.
- Promotes an awareness and understanding of the ideas, customs, arts, languages, and social contributions of specific cultures.
- Promotes or sponsors community service
- Promotes discussion or debate of public issues from a variety of perspectives or viewpoints
- Develops personal, professional or career-related skills
- Provides recreational or social activities for students
- Allows students the freedom to choose and develop their own individual religious, ideological, and political beliefs
- Provides an opportunity for students to express their opinions, beliefs, and ideologies through the print medium
- Provides a forum for the expression of self, as a connection to a broader society, for the transference of knowledge gained, and as a conduit for new knowledge.
- Actions of the group do not jeopardize ASUC’s non-profit status.
Benefits of Sponsorship:
(Title 2 Article 3.3 of ASUC By-Laws)
- Use the name of the ASUC (in a manner consistent with these and other By-Laws and policies)
- Apply for funding from the Senate Contingency Fund
- Apply for office space in Eshleman as outlined in other By-Laws
- Apply for a fee-waiver for the usage of MLK Student Union rooms (including Pauley Ballroom)
Requirements of Sponsorship:
(Title 2 Article 3.4 of ASUC By-Laws)
- Groups must display the words “Sponsored by the ASUC” or “ASUC” on all flyers or advertising for events
- Groups must indicate the degree of wheelchair accessibility at events described by flyer or advertising
- Groups must provide an internet link on the group’s homepage back to the official ASUC website at http://www.asuc.org if the group possesses a homepage
- Groups must display their organizations name and/or contact information (ie. Email addresses, phone numbers, office numbers, etc.) on all flyers and advertisements